I am a Ph.D Student in Computer Engineering in the Electronics, Computer Science and Systems department (DEIS — Dipartimento di Elettronica Informatica e Sistemistica) at the University of Bologna. I work in the field of Distributed Systems and Computer Networks.
My research is focused on Mobile Sensing and Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), with a particular interest on architecture design, hybrid routing, and WSNs integration in enterprise networks.
My current research includes:
- fast/secure/reliable data collection;
- power-aware sensing;
- WSN management;
- heterogeneous wireless communications;
- heterogeneous networks integration.
When I'm not working on sensor nodes and wireless protocols, I like to tinker with other stuff:
- computer security;
- distributed middlewares for enterprise architectures;
- cryptography applications.